Friday, May 9, 2008

Previous post #3

Sunday, September 03, 2006
 

41 and counting...


My 41st birthday. As I move forward into my forties. I am comfortable with being single. I have moments where I long for a partner and lover (I believe one cannot go without the other.) and I must say that in the last year or so, I am becoming accustomed to the fact that I may very well be alone for however many years I have left. I am quite independent, and coupled with my cerebral palsy, I believe this intimidates most people. There is also a saying in Spanish that says: "Mas bien solo que mal acompanado." Translation: "You're better off alone, than in bad company." Friends and acquaintances from all over the Spanish-speaking world have said this to me. It's good advice. Most, if not all, of these people are currently single and happy. There also seems to be, or at least I've come across, many of my peers, who are likewise happily single. Who knows what this means.

No comments: